Friday, May 16, 2014

(Airi's Post) Ina vs. Airi! Our Review on Sexy Zone's "King & Queen & Joker."

(Airi) On a random day during April (maybe), I had an idea for a review to do with Ina. It would be a review in which the both of us discuss the said single or album or MV together - instead of two separate reviews of this same thing. It would be Me vs. Her. Like I might like it and she might hate it, or I might hate it yet she might like it.

Below, we discuss our opinions over LINE, enjoy~ I copied the entire thing from line: word for word. And made a few grammar corrections~ Also, if you guys have any suggestions for reviews for both of us to review together, feel free to comment~



--------------------------------------------------------------------

nyappyairi: Jyaa, we shall now begin our first ever "Ina vs. Airi" review~ Yay~

foreverina: Yay~

nyappyairi: So our first review will be on Sexy Zone's "King & Queen & Joker" ne~ Let's start off by talking about the MV first~ Do you like it or dislike it?? :3

foreverina: I liked the concept the (*of the) MVwith the outfits and how the MV was made but I have my usual hatred of (the) line distribution. I was so happy to see Marius to have some solo lines but Sou needs some love </3

nyappyairi: Ahh, I actually don't really like the MV that much. ouo The MV was cute, it was okay .. ish. I had high expectations for it though since the preview for it seemed great.

nyappyairi: WELL I WAS WRONG.

nyappyairi: THE MV DISAPPOINTED ME.

foreverina: ALSO MARIUS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE QUEEN!! HE IS THE KING OF KAWAII!

foreverina: Also didn't some points of the choreography during the chorus remind you of HSJ's Super Delicate?

nyappyairi: NO. MARIUS SHOULD BE THE PRINCESS WITH A CUTE TIARA.

nyappyairi: Yes, the dance did remind me of Super Delicate. Nit really, but the part with ShoriKen really did remind (me) of Super Delicate. (Yamajima moment)

nyappyairi: *not

foreverina: Shori seemed so awkawrd as the Queen (>_<)

nyappyairi: SO AWKWARD. But he was cute though, his costume was cute.

nyappyairi: WELL AT LEAST HE DIVORCED KING!KENTO. MORE KENTO FOR YOU. lol

nyappyairi: Im sad that SouMari got nothing from this MV.

nyappyairi: They've been demoted to the role of "Jack." ;-; They share the role

foreverina: I do agree that the costume was cute but it would be a lot cuter on Marius.

XD

I think this would be a fun concept for them to have done.

I feel like Marius could have been a princess and Sou be a knight or "ace."

nyappyairi: It should've went like this.

KING: Kento.
QUEEN: You.
JOKER: Fuma.
PRINCESS/ACE: Mari.
JACK/KNIGHT: Sou.
And Shori: forever alone.

nyappyairi: FOREVER ALONE.

foreverina: >////<

nyappyairi: KING KENTO & QUEEN INA. NOW THAT'S A HAPPY ENDING~♥

nyappyairi: But then there'sFuma ... ooooooh. ouo

foreverina: What about King Shori and Queen Airi~? ♥

nyappyairi: .... NO. >////////<

foreverina: Hehehe~

nyappyairi: Back o the MV! I'm getting off-track! /whacked; But besides all of that, one small thing I did like was the small stort plot between FumaKenShori. Queen!Shori wanting to divorce Kento. And FumaKen fighting over him.

foreverina: I do agree that that plot was interesting. It made it not look like a boring dance PV.

nyappyairi: Yep, teo. Now onto the songs~ Let's start with the title track "King & Queen & Joker." I honestly thing (*think) its a catchy song, and it's cute.

nyappyairi: PLUS MARIUS GOT A TWO SECOND SOLO.

nyappyairi: But Sou is ... forever alone. ;-;

nyappyairi: </3

foreverina: I think the song is alright. I feel like they could have toned down the trumpets. It seems they (JE) have been using them a lot lately.

nyappyairi: True, true. Honestly, I didn't really like that song when I first heard (it.) But it eventually grew onto me. I was honestly hoping that it would be similar to Ghost ~Kimi wo Maboroshi~ having (that) sort of hardcore electro-feel to it.

nyappyairi: AGAIN I WAS WRONG.

nyappyairi: SO WRONG.

foreverina: It had too much of a jass feel to me, Id rather heard something like Ghost ~Kimi wa Maboroshi~

nyappyairi: Yea, I rather here (*hear) a song like Ghost ~Kimi wa Maboroshi~ Jazz is okay every now and then, but I feel like it's JE's music style.

nyappyairi: I'm waiting for the day that they autotune Sexy Zone. The day they turn to electro pop.

nyappyairi: 'cuz seriously, I think almost every JPOP (*band) out there has done autotune except JE.

nyappyairi: Shori needs to be autotuned ... badly.

nyappyairi: /i still love him though/

foreverina: I think Sexy Zone would be amazing if they turn to electro pop.

nyappyairi: They need autotune ... badly. Kento's and Fuma's vocals are SLOWLY becoming worse. Almost as bad as Sayashi Riho's screeching. Errrrrr-

nyappyairi: I pray that they turn to electro pop by next year.

foreverina: Kento and Fuma have been using their voices too much in songs. I'm surprised they haven't lost their voices yet..

nyappyairi: Kento was screeching when (they) were performing "We Gotta Go' on Sound Room. Errr-

foreverina: Oh god...

nyappyairi: Well at least his vocals are improving now, as I watched Sexy Zone's perf of KQJ on Shokura's a few days ago.

foreverina: That's good at least.

nyappyairi: Yep, yep. :3 The next song on the single is Matte Nante Nashi. It's a cute song, just cute.

foreverina: It just makes me want to dance and jump around~

nyappyairi: It's such a happy song, I really liked this song more than "King & Queen & Joker." It reminds me Sexy Zone's earlier songs~ It's so happy~

foreverina: It reminds me of the upbeatness of Lady Diamond~

nyappyairi: It's such a happy song~ They should've made an MV for this~

nyappyairi: Wait, no. I take that back. They might up screwing up the MV.

nyappyairi: Errrrr-

foreverina: I don't have much faith in JE for creating good PVs

nyappyairi: True dat, true dat.

foreverina: hai hai~

nyappyairi: The next b-side is "2020 Come on to Tokyo." And here, they are somewhat overusing the trumpet instrumentals again~ Oh yay~ /sarcastic;

foreverina: I really did not like this song. The trumpets overpower their voices and get seriously annoying.

nyappyairi: I actually do like this song despite the trumpet instrumentals. It had a it really nice melody to it and good harmonies too. The song grew onto me after awhile.

nyappyairi: It's these kinds of sonhs (*songs) that suits their vocals, they're straining it too much (nowadays).

foreverina: I'm not sure if this song will grow onto me ^^;

foreverina: I just wish the instrumentals would tone down a bit.

nyappyairi: It's not my most favorite B-side but it's still okay. I got used to the song, it grew onto me. However, sometimes I feel like its a failed version of "Power of Run."

foreverina: I'm actually (a) fan of "Power of Run." Although the title of the song is weird do (*to) me I really like this song. The instruments were good with a nice rock feel to it.

nyappyairi: "Power of Run" is (a) really NICE b-side to the single. It's so different and stands out from the entire single. The instrumentals were had a rock feel to it, decent harmonies, it actually really suits FumaKen's vocals.

foreverina: I agree completely. In fact I think this is my favorite song on the entire CD.

nyappyairi: It's a really nice pop-rock and reminds me of "Doki Doki Break Out!!" (that is still such a cute song title, omg.) Sometimes I wonder how it would be if Sexy Zone was actually a JROCK band instead of pop idols.

foreverina: I wonder that too.

nyappyairi: It would be like this: Fuma's gonna be the hardcore epic bad boy main vocalist. Kento's going to be on the guitar, shy and somewhat cold. Marius is on the keyboard, acting all cute despite being in a hardcord rock band. Sou will be on the drums, having fun~

and Shori: forever alone in the corner.

nyappyairi: And YOU will be that lucky girl that Fuma falls for!

foreverina: Mou! >.<

nyappyairi: But what about Kento? The shy yet somewhat cold guitarist~ LOVE TRIANGLE!

foreverina: NUUUUUU!!! Don't make me start thinking >.<

nyappyairi: So one day, your classmates invites you to come with her to see an underground concert for a popular indies rock band~ With nothing to do, you casually tag along with her. At the concert, you were able to get a good look at the band's main vocalist, Fuma. He was the guy that all the girls went CRAZY for. He didn't appeal to you but you felt this force drawing you both together. And somehow, you ended up being the band's manager and meet their guitarist, Kento~ And soon enough, things heat up. LOVE TRIANGLE.

foreverina: (sent a sticker "don't do that")

nyappyairi: (sent a sticker "tehe~" )

foreverina: (sent a sticker "I don't think so.")

nyappyairi: (sent a sticker "mehhh~")

foreverina: (sent a sticker "Lies.")

nyappyairi: (sent a sticker "nyanyanyanyanya~")

foreverina: (sent a sticker "You'll regret it")

nyappyairi: No I won't. Kakaka

foreverina: (sent a sticker "shh")

nyappyairi: OKAY BACK TO REVIEW. I GOT OFF-TOPIC. Soooooo, the final verdict for the ENTIRE single? YA LIKE OR DON'T LIKE??

foreverina: Overall, I guess I liked it. Though I hope for a better single next time around.

nyappyairi: I think that it was a good decent single. i didn't really like the MV, but the songs kind of making up for it. But then again, it has become one of the moments where I don't really love the title song too much but I LOVE the coupling tracks to it.

foreverina: I agree ne~

nyappyairi: (sent a sticker "Otsukaresama~")

nyappyairi: And that's it~ The review is done~ Otsukaresama desu~~~

foreverina: Yay~!

No comments:

Post a Comment