Saturday, March 28, 2015

(Airi's Post) Flower vs. Sexy Zone! Who made a better MV in the Enchanted Forest? (੭ˊ͈ ꒵ˋ͈)੭̸*✧⁺˚


This year shall be different! I shall not make any more empty blog promises. I think it's obvious who's the better admin of this collaboration blog. /inaaaaaaaa/ I sincerely apologize for not doing my fair share of the work. I haven't updated this blog since December of 2014, in which I posted my top music videos for that year. I've failed as an admin, I'm sorry.

I've been waiting to do this review since like forever. However, I had to wait until the full version of Sexy Zone's music video was released. And that wasn't until earlier this month when their third album was released. If you are curious, you may read my review for the album right here. Click the link → Airi's Review of Sexy Zone's 'Sexy Power3' Album.

If you haven't guessed it already, I shall be comparing Flower's 'Sayonara, Alice' music video and Sexy Zone's 'Maware Miracle' music video. I've noticed some vague similaries between the two of them. Both of them very magical-like and stuff. I'm a sucker for fantasy, I'm sorry. Now who made the better music video in the Enchanted Forest? Let's go see~

✿♬゚+✿♬゚+✿♬゚+✿♬゚+.(。◡‿◡)♪.+゚♬✿+゚♬✿+゚♬✿+゚♬✿。

- - さよなら、アリス // Flower - -

First, I shall review Flower's music video since it was released earlier. If you didn't know or haven't read my solo blog, I'm actually quite a fan of Flower. I'm in love with many of their songs, along with music videos. I find that Flower's music videos are super artsy and beautiful. They never disappoint me, whatsoever. What the music video for 'Sayonara, Alice' was released-- I was done. I absolutely fell in love with it. It has become a favorite.

There were two settings for this music video. There were one that took place in the Enchanted forest and one in which it was all black and the girls were in glass boxes. Obviously, there were lots and lots of flowers. The colorful flowers helped enhanced the Enchanted Forest setting, making it more colorful and vibrant. For the black setting, there were only blue flowers. However, it brightened up the setting. It was a vibrant, slightly bright color in contrast to the black. The flowers had that much of an effect on the music video.

Another thing about the Enchanted Forest setting was that I love how they included all these vintage-looking objects. It gives the setting a slight sense of vintage and mysterious, somewhat. It gave it a much more nostalgic feel, that's a better phrase for that. Also, the dance was also very pretty too. It wasn't too complex. Rather, it was very graceful and elegant. The dance, in my own opinion, had a very airy feel to it that matched the song.

There were two outfits for this music video: one was purely white for the Enchanted Forest setting and the other was black-blue (Noooo, I didn't mean it that way. Don't ask me what color the dress is) for the black/glass box setting. Each outfit was slightly different for each girl and I really liked that. In own opinion, I believe that Nozomi and Shuuka stood out to me. Nozomi was just really, really pretty. While Shuuka- she played the the part of both the guy and girl! I found that to be pretty cool~ She really pulled it off very well~ I'm impressed.

Overall, this is a very pretty music video. While I do love the Enchanted Forest setting (it was so magical), I also really do love the black/glass box setting. It gives the music video a small sense of modern. It was very well-polished. I love the scene with the falling blue rose petals. This is another very artsy-like music video from Flower and I love it. ♡

- - マワレ ミラクル // Sexy Zone - -

While the music video's setting begins in the Enchanted Forest, Sexy Zone took it a step further by taking us to the beach and what I assume is heaven (or space, I don't know). The Enchanted Forest setting was slightly similar to the one in Flower's, minus all of the colorful flowers. However, it still pertains its magical qualities. In my imagination, I'd like to think that Flower is on one side of the Enchanted Forest and Sexy Zone is in another. /whacked;

I really want to commend whoever did the CG effects for the music video because what they did was pretty damn clever. During the first chorus, the guys were still in the Enchanted Forest. However, they smoothly transitioned into an ocean-like setting. The forest props were placed so perfectly so that it could look like sea plants in the ocean-like setting. I was extremely impressed that they were able to make this transition so smoothly. Bravo!

However, after that, everything else just look kinda cheap. I did not necessarily like the beach setting nor the weird desert setting. While it was sparkling, it still looked cheap However, I find it nice that they were matching up with the lyrics. Since in the lyrics they did sing, 'Let's create a love that is as bright as the sparkling sea.' I cannot question that. The sky-heaven-space scene was a bit of everything. It was still sparkling but kind of a mess.

I did not particularly like the dance. As always, I find Sexy Zone's dances to be lackluster. In general, a handful of dances from Johnny's are lackluster. However, it does go well with the beat of the song. As for the outfits, there were two outfits. There were their purple outfits and their casual outfit. In my opinion, I love the purple-stripy outfits. They actually looked pretty nice. It really suits the boys. Their outfit design were slightly different for each member. Their casual outfits were okay. However, I didn't pay too much attention to it. In my opinion, Shori was really adorable. I'm sorry, that's just me being a bit bias here.

Overeall, this music video ain't that bad. Yes, the CG was a little bit cheap towards the second half. However, the first half of the music video was actually pretty good. All three of the guys looked very handsome, they didn't seem to have forced expressions on their faces. It's not the best music video I've seen from Sexy Zone, but it's certainly not the worst either.

✿♬゚+✿♬゚+✿♬゚+✿♬゚+.(。◡‿◡)♪.+゚♬✿+゚♬✿+゚♬✿+゚♬✿。

So who made the better MV in the Enchanted Forest? In my opinion, I believe that Flower's the winner. However, Sexy Zone's music video was also pretty good. They went beyond and took us to the beach and I'm assuming heaven or space. Also, there were a lot more sparkles in that music video. Flower's music video was much more polished.

So which music video do you prefer? Do you like Flower's music video or Sexy Zone's music video? Who do YOU think made a better music video in the 'Enchanted Forest'? Feel free to comment down below what your opinion is. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; 青春小僧が泣いている / モーニング娘。'15
MOOD; Accomplished! I finally updated! ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment